Loss Prevention Trainings
There are educational trainings specifically geared for law enforcement and detention operations designed to improve the knowledge, skills, and abilities employees need to possess to perform specific jobs, reduce liability, and obtain professional development.
Our Loss Prevention Department also offers courses and onsite inspections that teach county members the risks and causes of incidents in their facilities and that help expand their understanding of supervision, management, and other skills. For inquires about Loss Prevention training opportunities, please contact us by email.
Upcoming Loss Prevention Trainings
View future trainings in the calendar HERE.
This training is intended for:
Firefighters, Emergency Medical First Responders, Assessors, Clerks, Treasurers and other County employees who interact with the public.RSVP
NMCSAP in collaboration with the New Mexico Association of Counties, will host a six-hour training class for detention staff at all levels, but particularly for line staff, PREA Coordinators, supervisors, administration, and policy makers on Understanding Trauma and Planning for a Trauma Informed Approach. Lunch will be provided at the training site by the New Mexico Association of Counties. This schedule was designed to accommodate travel time for the surrounding counties (Luna, Grant, Dona Ana, Hidalgo, Otero, and Sierra).
Registration is required. Register by clicking the link below:Click Here to Register
- Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for public safety
- Instructor development training for detention centers (40-hour trainer development)
- Adult Detention Center Officer Training Curriculum
- Mental Health First Aid training for law enforcement and emergency response personnel
- Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) training
- Defensive driving for law enforcement
- Defensive driving train the trainer
- CPR, First Aid, AED & blood borne pathogen training
- Harassment prevention training