Loss Prevention Trainings
There are educational trainings specifically geared for law enforcement and detention operations designed to improve the knowledge, skills, and abilities employees need to possess to perform specific jobs, reduce liability, and obtain professional development.
Our Loss Prevention Department also offers courses and onsite inspections that teach county members the risks and causes of incidents in their facilities and that help expand their understanding of supervision, management, and other skills. For inquires about Loss Prevention training opportunities, please contact us by email.
Upcoming Loss Prevention Trainings
View future trainings in the calendar HERE.
The professional standards model is a must for law enforcement and government officials to be prepared before a critical incident occurs.
This course sets the stage for law enforcement executives, internal affairs investigators and supervisors to create an agency wide practice of professional standards all agency operations and how to thoroughly investigate complaints against employees.
Limited seating is available. This course is 40 hours, for the following dates: July 19 – 23, 2021. This class will also certify students to teach the required 2 hour biennium training Interaction with Persons with Mental Impairment (aka HB 93). This course is 40 hours and NMLEA accredited. New Mexico Counties purchased Practicing for Real Life: Reality Based Scenario Training books for all students who successfully complete the course. This guide book will help instructors set up and facilitate various scenarios for real-world training.
To register, please email Greg Rees at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for public safety
- Instructor development training for detention centers (40-hour trainer development)
- Adult Detention Center Officer Training Curriculum
- Mental Health First Aid training for law enforcement and emergency response personnel
- Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) training
- Defensive driving for law enforcement
- Defensive driving train the trainer
- CPR, First Aid, AED & blood borne pathogen training
- Harassment prevention training