NMC provides a number of resources that are helpful to elected officials and professional staff.
These include access and information to state and federal programs for funding, guidance, and professional development opportunities such as sample policies that can be adapted to accommodate each county specifically. To view these documents you will need Microsoft Word 2010 or greater. For more information or resources, please contact us by email.
2021 Wildland Urban Fire Summit (WUFS)
2020 Wildland Urban Fire Summit (WUFS)
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) standards that apply to local jails and juvenile detention facilities.
PREA Facility Toolkit
(The above zip file contains MS Word documents. To view them you will need Microsoft Word 2010 or greater. Other formats are available. Send your request to: email@example.com.
To learn more about PREA please visit the PREA Resource Center (PRC) website.
- Special Management Sample Policy (2020)
- Restrictive Housing Sample Policy (2020)
- Special Management Inmate Multi-Activities Tracking FORM (July 2017)
- Inmate Searches Adult Detention (2014)
- Inmate Searches Juvenile Detention (Jan 2014)
- Sexual Misconduct Juvenile Detention (Jan 2014)
- Sexual Misconduct-Adult Detention (Jan 2014)
- Adult Detention Use of Force Policy (2013)
- Detention Staffing Analysis Policy (2010)
- Key Control Policy
- Inmate Classification (2012)
- Inmate Mail (2012)
- Inmate Intake Screening (2012)
- Sample Breastfeeding and Lactation Policy
Adult Detention Accreditation Program
2020 NMC Legislative Conference Resources
2020 Better Informed Public Officials (BIPO) Conference Presentations
Law Enforcement Policies
General Agreements and Policies
- Hot Works Policy (2010)
- Vehicle Accident Prevention Model Policy
- Joint Pool Policy on Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan (2016)
- Joint Pool Policy on Materials Handling and Lifting Policy (2016)
- Joint Pool Policy on Personal Protective Equipment Usage (2016)
- Sample Form _ Agreement Regarding Driving County Vehicles or Equipment (2016)
- Multi-Line Pool Policy Statement on Litigation Procedures (2016)
- Joint Pool Policy Manual
Misdemeanor Compliance Accreditation Program
Law Enforcement Accreditation Program